Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Mac Miller Speaks His Mind On Macadelic

'I'm not gonna act like I'm a superhero,' Mac tells MTV News of his persona on upcoming mixtape.
By Rob Markman, with reporting by Sam Hendrick


Mac Miller
Photo: David Wolff-Patrick/Redferns

Mac Miller sure knows how to have a good time. On his 2010 breakout mixtape K.I.D.S., the then-teenage MC promoted party and B.S., and has continued to do so on hyped-up follow-up singles like "Donald Trump" and "Party on Fifth Ave." With his mixtape Macadelic, due Friday, the Woodie of the Year winner is looking to switch things up.

"It's a lot different from anything I've ever done," he told MTV News of the mixtape backstage at the mtvU Woodies. "In my past projects, I always thought about them a lot, like, 'Where are the party jams? Where are the jams that are fun?' "

This time out, Mac took a different creative approach with Macadelic. "I was trying to make a complete project, but on this project, all I wanted to do is just say what was on my mind," he said. "I just worried about saying what I wanted to say, and I felt like there were a lot of things that I wanted to get off my chest, and this mixtape was the way to do it."

One thing Miller wanted to address were the critics who painted him as a frat-boy rapper only concerned about partying, doing drugs and bedding women. "I didn't have the best reviews on a lot of things, and I speak on that," he said. "I talk about that. I'm not gonna act like I'm a superhero and sh-- doesn't bother me — of course it bothers me, so I spoke on it."

Cam'ron and Sir Michael Rocks appear on the tape, as well as a big-time feature Miller chose to keep secret for now. "I can't say who it is," he teased. "But it's just wild, wild."

Who do you think is Mac's surprise Macadelic feature? Tell us in the comments!

Related Videos Related Artists

shortcut to task manager california lemon lightspeed spam

0 comments:

Post a Comment